Kitchen trends come and go, and what is popular one year is way down on the list one or two years later. That reason alone is why it is so difficult to determine if a trend is worth embracing or if it is better to choose something that has been around forever. Truly timeless kitchen trends include kitchen design ideas that add to the aesthetic appeal or the functionality of the kitchen. Here are 6 kitchen trends that have serious staying power:
- Quartz Countertops: For years, people chose granite for their kitchen countertops, but we recommend that you choose quartz when it is time to make a change. Quartz is just as durable as granite, yet it does not require as much maintenance and care.
- Open Layouts: Open layouts are here to stay, because spending time with family and friends is on the top of everyone’s list. After all, no one wants to be banished to the kitchen to prepare a meal and miss out on all the fun everyone is having in the other room!
- Unique Ceilings: You will not need to have boring ceilings in your kitchen anymore, because there are plenty of options available that involve more than a coat of paint. Beams, shallow coffers, and molding can add design and visual appeal to any space.
- Conceal Appliances: Appliances can be concealed in more than an appliance garage. It is now possible to place a refrigerator, dishwasher, and other appliances behind paneling that looks the same as your cabinets. This will keep the flow of your kitchen seamless, while adding visual appeal.
- White: A white kitchen will never go out of style, so if you are having a difficult time choosing a color, we recommend that you choose white. It matches everything and over time, you can change the look with additional pops of color.
- Deep Drawers: Deep drawers are replacing cabinets in many kitchens nowadays and they are wonderful for dishes, pots, pans, and more. They add an element of accessibility to your kitchen and can be customized to fit your needs.
These kitchen trends will never go out of style and they are guaranteed to work well for your needs far into the future. As always, weigh the functionality against the style. Never choose style over functionality simply for the sake of style. Functionality can always be made to be stylish. Call us at 602-478-5102 if you’re in Phoenix or the surrounding areas and would like to discuss remodeling your kitchen with us.