The number of elements that go into a kitchen make it a difficult one to tackle. Many people have a hard time deciding on the style and color of their cabinets. There are a few other aspects you should be thinking about to get the right amount of functionality. Here are some great cabinet features that can get your kitchen organized.
- The corners: the spaces are under-utilized in many kitchens but by using them creating you can solve your storage issues. Corner drawers are not widely used but these L shaped units are nifty must-haves for cabinets. They vary in depth and price, and make good use of the triangular space at the back. Another good option is a Lazy Suzan, a carousel style unit that opens to 90 degrees.
- Drawers: don’t skimp on the drawers for your kitchen cabinets, as they add the kind of convenience that users need. Sliding one out gives you quick access to the items you need, with no stretching or moving things out of the way. They also add a design element to cabinets. Most drawers are accessible to people of varying heights, even children and the disabled.
- Pull-out spice rack: like most amateur chefs, you probably have a wide range of spices and seasonings that you like to use. Keeping them organized is not always easy, and looking for what you need can slow you down. You can fit a pull-out spice rack into the side of a cabinet so it will not get in the way of other stored items.
- Vertical dividers: kitchen tools come in different shapes and it is good to have an area to store the flat items such as baking trays, lids, cookie sheets and cutting boards. Even when neatly stacked on a shelf or counter they can get in the way or look out of place. Vertical dividers in a cabinet will solve this problem.
- Pull-out trash bin: nobody wants to see a bin sitting anywhere in the kitchen. The typical spot is usually somewhere under the counter, but this requires opening a door for access. Add some style and convenience with a slide out bin in the cabinet. Quick access and it ill be out of sight when you don’t need it.
In kitchens, cabinets are vital for organization and neatness but these tips will enhance their functionality. If you are building new cabinets consider these ideas. Cabinets can also be modified to create these features.
Kitchen Remodeling in the Greater Phoenix Area
Remodeling the kitchen is very common, yet we rarely see two kitchens with the same features. Every kitchen has appliances and cabinets, of course, but the overall design is unique each time. We enjoy helping homeowners with bathroom and kitchen remodeling projects, because we understand the importance of these spaces in the home. Give us a call at 602-478-5102 to discuss your upcoming kitchen remodeling project with us. We’ll help you by providing additional creative ideas as well as our professional input.