If you are tired of your old kitchen cabinets, you do not need to worry about rushing out to purchase new ones. While new kitchen cabinets are nice, there are many things that you can do with your existing cabinets to make them look fresh and brand-new.
Here are 7 amazing ideas that will upgrade your old kitchen cabinets:
- Paint or Stain: Your tired kitchen cabinets can get a new life with a fresh coat of paint or a little sanding and some new stain. You can choose to use the same color on all of them or mix it up a little with a different color on the upper cabinets and the lower ones.
- Add Task Lighting: Adding task lighting to your kitchen cabinets will make the entire room glow, whether you are in there or not. The task lighting will allow you to prep meals easily during meal time, while adding a soft glowing light in the middle of the night when it is snack time.
- Remove a Few Doors: Open shelves are a great concept that you may want to consider embracing. Your open cabinets can hold items that you use the most, making the space always look nice and organized.
- Add Glass: You can remove part of your cabinet doors and insert glass to change the way that they look. While clear glass is a great option, you may want to consider frosted glass to keep the insides from being too noticeable.
- Add Roll-Out Shelves: Your new cabinets have held multiple items over the years, but how many times have you had to empty everything out to find something? If you install roll-out shelves, you can simply pull the shelves out to put things away and take things out. Therefore, you won’t need to worry about messy cabinets ever again.
- Add Crown Molding: Adding crown molding around your kitchen cabinets will make them more appealing while also creating a focal point. They can turn your boring kitchen cabinets into ones that are stylish.
- Add New Hardware: One of the easiest ways to make your kitchen cabinets look brand new is to swap out the hardware. You can switch the finish, the style, and the shape, while creating a whole new visual appeal in your kitchen.
Kitchen Remodeling in Phoenix
You can save a lot of money by incorporating some of these ideas with your old kitchen cabinets into your kitchen remodeling project. Use your imagination and choose the option that matches the style of the kitchen you want, and then enjoy your new space that looks better than it ever has. Call us at 602-478-5102 if you’re in the greater Phoenix area and would like to schedule a kitchen design consultation or if you’re a builder in need of top-notch project management for a kitchen remodeling project. We’ll schedule a consultation and get the details ironed out as soon as possible.