No kitchen remodeling project is complete without the finishing touches. In fact, the finishing touches are what bring out the best in a great remodeling project regardless of the room in question. But our focus for today is on the kitchen and the things we recommend in order to give your kitchen that highly polished appeal.
- Light Fixtures: Lighting styles come and go. We suggest that you purchase light fixtures that you like and that go well with your existing decor and style. You can change them each season or every 2-3 years if you get tired of seeing them in time.
- Proper Height for Lighting: The proper distance for a chandelier to hang above the dining room table or for pendant lighting to hang above the countertop or kitchen island is 30 to 34 inches. Raise the fixture another inch for each foot past an 8 foot ceiling.
- Faceplates: The faceplates in your kitchen show the room’s age faster than any other part. Older faceplates are often discolored and make the kitchen appear as if it is in need of renovation. Choose decorative faceplates when possible. Metal faceplates add a lot of pizzazz to the room.
- Crown Molding: Add a touch of elegance and customization to your kitchen cabinets by installing crown molding. The area where the ceiling meets the wall isn’t the only place that can benefit from crown molding. You can turn plain cabinets into amazing cabinets with just a little crown molding.
- Base Trim: Base trim perfectly finishes the bottom of the lower cabinets and creates a finished appearance where the floor meets the wall. It’s an excellent addition to help tie the room together.
- Vents: A/C vents rarely get much attention, but when you use decorative vents, people notice because it’s unusual. Decorative vents make a style statement.
- Hardware: Hardware is definitely a place we recommend splurging. It can get a little expensive if you decide to use custom pieces of hardware, but it’s a decision that you will not regret any time soon.
Adding the Finishing Touches to Your Kitchen Remodeling Project
Each of these finishing touches can be installed as part of a DIY project. The project will go much more smoothly if you have experience with the required tools. Give us a call if you would like to discuss remodeling your kitchen with us.