6 Bathroom Upgrade Ideas for Your Remodeling Project:
Bathrooms are one of our most used spaces, but can be a tricky space to upgrade or update. With unmovable fixtures and often tight footprints, options can seem limited at first glance. With a little creativity, though, you can add style and bring your bathroom up to date. We’ve put together 6 bathroom updates that will help move your bathroom remodeling project along nicely.
- Hide the Toilet – If you’re working with a larger, master bathroom, a half wall can provide a new look and add style while creating a discreet nook for the toilet. A piece of furniture like an armoire or dresser can also create a functional and stylish barrier without the need for framing.
- Update Your Surfaces – Bathroom surfaces contribute to your overall look while also taking a lot of wear and tear. Changing out your tile can drastically change the look of your bathroom. Look for larger tiles to minimize grout lines, which will make cleaning and upkeep easier.
- Modernize Your Shower – Many people don’t make use of their bathtubs. Why not remove the tub altogether and create a large, luxurious shower? Body sprays, overhead rain shower heads, and even steam generators can upgrade your shower experience.
- Create Space on Your Vanity – Bathrooms with double ‘his and hers’ sinks can be updated to create storage space. Getting a new countertop with a single sink can drastically change the look of the room while maximizing counter space for storage and décor.
- Light it Up – Utilizing different types of fixtures in your bathroom can do a lot to brighten and update the space. In addition to overhead lights, sconces or other vertical fixtures on either side of the sink or vanity will provide even lighting for beauty routines or shaving.
- Think Outside the Box – Replace mirrors and hardware with vintage brass for a chic, homey look or with chrome to take your bathroom modern. When shopping for tile and fixtures, look for something that suits your style and personality – even if it comes from outside the bathroom section of the store. Break the rules.
Remember when you’re upgrading and updating your bathroom to draw in design and style elements from the rest of your home. Having a functional bathroom doesn’t have to mean having a boring one! Give us a call at Homework Remodels at 602-478-5102 if you’re in the greater Phoenix area and planning to remodel your bathroom in the near future. We’ll schedule a consultation to help you design the perfect bathroom with amazing upgrades and appliances.