Kitchen remodeling can be daunting, especially when you’re working with a small space, but you can bring it all together with a great design. If you want to change the look of your small kitchen for the better and give it some charm, focus on the basic elements such as the cabinetry, hardware finishes, appliances, and window shades. Most of all, remember to keep it simple.
Are you ready for the challenge? Apply these five simple design tips to revamp your small kitchen:
- Open up the Room: This is a great way to make it more stylish and create the impression of a more expansive space. But remember: when you open up your kitchen you have to minimize the clutter, so you’re going to need some hidden storage areas to keep things out of sight.
- Select a simple color scheme: It’s a good idea to use similar hues for the walls and cabinetry. Choose complementary colors for the countertops, tiles, window treatments, and appliances, to enhance the feeling of spaciousness. The colors you choose will make a big difference in the overall look and feel of the kitchen.
- Appliances: Opt for appliances that will fit the space. For example, choose a flush mount cooktop instead of a range that takes up space. Weigh the pros and cons of using gas powered appliances vs. electric appliances, and the energy efficiency of each appliance you purchase.
- Cabinetry: Forgo solid fronts and choose glass cabinet doors that will lighten the cabinetry, and create the illusion of space. Stretching cabinets to the ceiling can also help maximize space. Combine decorative cabinetry with floating shelving for an even more unique appeal.
- Lighting: You want your kitchen to be light, bright, and cozy. Small ceiling pendant lights add a special glow to the room. Hang them low for better lighting, especially over the countertop and sink. Focus on both ambient lighting and task lighting as well. Ambient lighting can be created using windows for natural light or recessed lighting. Under-cabinet lighting is a wonderful addition for task lighting on countertops.
Kitchen Remodeling in Phoenix
Homework Remodels has been assisting homeowners with their kitchen remodeling needs for more than 15 years. We focus primarily on amazing kitchens, luxurious bathrooms, and large whole-home remodeling projects. Our talented designers will help transform any part of your home into something you can truly be proud of.
Never compromise on quality when you remodel your small kitchen. Let our designers show you how they can help make the most of your kitchen, regardless of size. Give us a call at 602-478-5102 if you’re in Phoenix or the surrounding areas, and we’ll help you cook up a great renovation for your small kitchen.