Even if you think your kitchen is perfect, there may be times you wish you had more space. In smaller kitchen, there is often an urgent need to get creative. Clutter does not suit any kitchen, big or small, and you might be surprised to learn where you can find space. These ideas can make you feel like you have a bigger kitchen, and keep mealtime from becoming stressful.
- Make use of vertical space to expand storage. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that the only available space is at counter level or below. There may be usable space along the wall that can serve as storage. These are great spots for hanging spice racks and peg boards for pots and pans. Use part of the fridge for magnetic or paste on hooks.
- If you are having trouble coming up with the right type of lighting you are not the only one. Older fixtures can detract from the look of the space. It is a good idea to look at some of the new types of fixtures on the market. Modernize the kitchen and make meal preparation easier with under cabinet lighting. Look at options such as focus lighting, track lighting and pendant lights.
- Repurpose bookcases to help get clutter out of the way. Don’t throw out an old bookcase if you can fid room for it in the kitchen. After a new finish you can use it for mugs, utensils, spices or any small items that can use up vital space.
- Carve out extra space wherever you can. You might not be able to see it just by looking, but if you take the time you might be able to find areas for extra kitchen space. A few simple hacks might help with organizing. The stovetop can double as extra counter space if you use a large cutting board. Buy a folding table, or add drawers to the kitchen island. If there is no island, consider adding one if you have enough square footage.
- Buy a portable kitchen island if you prefer to avoid having a permanent fixture. You can move it to any convenient spot as needed. It serves as extra storage, and helps to make meal preparation easier.
Most people feel like they simply don’t have enough kitchen space; this is why the kitchen is the most-remodeled room in the home. Part of the reason for this is that some appliances are getting larger, and there are always new kitchen items available. Keep an open mind when trying to maximize space in the kitchen, as there may be options you never thought of before.
Kitchen Remodeling in the Greater Phoenix Area
Remodeling the kitchen is very common, yet we rarely see two kitchens with the same features. Every kitchen has appliances and cabinets, of course, but the overall design is unique each time. We enjoy helping homeowners with bathroom and kitchen remodeling projects, because we understand the importance of these spaces in the home. Give us a call at 602-478-5102 to discuss your upcoming kitchen remodeling project with us. We’ll help you by providing additional creative ideas as well as our professional input.