A kitchen backsplash makes a big difference in the overall look of this room. There are many reasons to add a backsplash.
- A backsplash makes cleaning up a breeze. Since the kitchen is one of the messiest rooms of your home, a backsplash is a timesaver.
- A tile or glass backsplash behind the stove will help prevent the wall from absorbing food odors.
- A backsplash protects your wall. For instance, a backsplash behind the sink is great for protecting the wall from water damage. Moisture and water can lead to mildew and even mold. You definitely do not want these in your kitchen.
- The backsplash can also serve to cover or hide any defects or gaps in your wall. Sometimes, countertops do not go straight back to the wall so there is an obvious gap. A properly done backsplash will hide this gap. Also, if the wall is defective you can use a backsplash to cover the defects.
- The visual effect can be breathtaking. With the right design and tiles, a kitchen backsplash can immediate transform your kitchen into a thing of beauty.
How to chose the right one for your space.
The next step after deciding to install a backsplash is to know how to choose the right one for your kitchen. Some steps in choosing the right backsplash for your kitchen call for following certain steps. Luckily, these are easy ways to get the type of backsplash that you will enjoy for years.
- Decide on the color: Take into consideration the overall color scheme of the kitchen. You also have the option of going with neutrals. While a colorful design can be immediately eye-catching, neutral designs give you lots of leeway to play with other colors in the kitchen such accessories and wall paint.
- The material: You also need to decide on the type of material you want to use. In addition to a choice of tiles such as porcelain and ceramic, you also have glass, stone or a mixture. For example, if your kitchen is rustic, brick veneer may be a great choice, however, for a more modern looking kitchen glass may be the perfect choice.
- The height: How high do you want the backsplash? This will depend on personal taste as well as the design of the kitchen. When deciding take into consideration your cabinets or if you want a part of your wall to show.
To get the right type of backsplash and ensure a professional design and installation it makes sense to hire an experience contractor to get the job done. The designers and builders here at Homework Remodels take your design ideas, style, and specific needs into consideration when designing your project. We will help you choose the best materials for your kitchen backsplash and ensure that it meets your idea of perfection before we begin laying tile. Give us a call at 602-478-5102 to discuss new kitchen backsplash ideas with us or to schedule a consultation.