On the outside, homes in Phoenix have their own distinctive styles, but on the inside they many elements in common with other parts of the US. Like homeowners in other areas, they need every remodeling decision to count visually, and to deliver a return on investment. The best way to ensure this is by owing about some of the hottest trends.
- A new color scheme. This is one of the quickest and cheapest ways to give a kitchen a facelift. In fact many people use a new color in addition to making other small changes if they lack a big remodeling budget.
- Install a dishwasher. Many of today’s homeowners have less time on their hands. A dishwasher is one of those appliances that help with more time flexibility in the home. This is one of the appliances many homeowners want when they are remodeling their kitchens.
- Get creative with storage. In modern kitchens, storage has evolved beyond cabinets and drawers. One hot trend is to make use of dead spaces such as those under cabinets and the sides of shelves. Customized storage options help to keep kitchens clear of clutter and make meal preparation a simpler affair. Pull out shelves and waste baskets, and roll out corner shelves are just a few of the storage changes available to you.
- New countertops. Few remodeling projects take place without adding a new countertop to the list. Quartz, granite and marble are the types most popular with designers, but other lower cost options like wood and ceramic tile are trendy too. More people are opting for countertops with integrated sinks made from the same material for a continuous look.
- Lifestyle design. One of the chief reason why people decide to update their kitchens is to help them embrace a healthier lifestyle. Current trends show that more people are making meals at home instead of dining out. Updating the kitchen can make this easier. You can add fixtures for storing fresh fruits and vegetables and put in a larger countertop for quicker meal preparation.
Neutral color palettes like gray are trending among homeowners and designers alike. The utilitarian farmhouse look is being embraced even as more people are looking towards more modern kitchen features. Another growing kitchen trend is the addition of automation features for smart kitchens.
Kitchen Remodeling Trends in Phoenix
Do you have kitchen remodeling ideas that you would like to discuss with our Phoenix area kitchen designers? Give us a call at 602-478-5102 and we’ll help you plan your perfect kitchen. We’ll help you implement 2017 kitchen design trends if you wish or create something entirely unique if that is your vision.